Rapid Transfer Ports (RTPs):
The OptimaTS rapid transfer system is a patented design. The OptimaTS design takes rapid transfer technology to a new level of performance. The Cape rapid transfer system is fully compatible with the La Calhène DPTE range of alpha and beta flanges including the injection moulded consumable flange.
The OptimaTS alpha ports have the same fixing diameters as DPTE alpha ports.
The OptimaTS security mechanism is fully interlocked with the following automatic functions:
- The alpha port cannot be opened without a beta part connected.
- The alpha port cannot be opened if a beta flange is docked without the beta door.
- The beta cannot be detached from the alpha door whilst the alpha door is open.
- The alpha and beta doors are mechanically locked together when the beta is connected and the alpha door open.
- It is impossible to “cheat” the interlocks from the outside of the enclosure.
- Improved reliability of mechanical interlocks by the use of rotating parts only.
- No parts moving parallel to the axis of the alpha flange so no fragile membranes are used for sealing the security mechanism.
- Standardised design. The OptimaTS security mechanism is standard for all the Cape ports with the use of the same parts on different diameters.
- Ergonomic design of Alpha door handle for easily operation when wearing neoprene or hypalon gloves.
- Careful choice of materials for all components for minimum weight and optimum mechanical reliability.